It is the mission of the Douglas County School District (DCSD) Professional Development Center (PDC) to provide research-based training and support at the district, site, and individual levels. DCSD has benefited from the support of the Professional Development Center for over 35 years. Trainers provide a wide range of opportunities for professional growth for teachers and administrators:
- Level One - Support to all new hires in the District
- Level Two - Follow up and support for teachers in their second year
- Implementation of NV Academic Content Standards (NvACS) in English Language Arts (ELA), Math, Science and other content areas
- Training and implementation of High Quality Sheltered Instruction (HQSI)
- Facilitate Professional Learning Communities
- Development of research-based curricula
- Support of District Improvement Plan and Site Performance Plans
- Training and implementation of the Nevada Educator Performance Framework (NEPF)
The PDC also provides opportunities for professional growth through evening and Saturday classes. These classes may be taken for recertification and/or salary credit and require prior registration. The yearly in-service training calendar is released each August and posted on the PDC website.
The PDC team can be reached by phone at 775-392-1495, or you may email us:
Roger Cramer | Susan Moore | Carly Strauss | Linda Fields
The center is located at 1286 Toler Lane, Gardnerville, Nevada. Please park on the west side of the building. Click here for map.